Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

Always Time for Tea - a new custom sign!

I love coming up with unique designs for my clients, and when one approached me with the request to make a piece that spoke to her love of tea, I was more than happy to oblige! I did a few rough sketches of layouts for her to pick from, then set to work.

A chalk sketch helps with placement and trying out some variations. I love the fact that this is a no-commitment step! I often change things on the fly.



Using a long paint brush handle as a mahl stick keeps my hand steady and from dragging through wet paint. It has come to be an essential part of my sign painting process. That and no coffee!

 A cup or two of tea during this process was needed inspiration.


Finished size: 12"x24"


I love taking custom orders! Send me an email for more information! 
Thanks!

No comments: