Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth of July!

It's almost over in my part of the country, but I can still hear a few pops and booms from neighborhood fireworks. It's always so hard to coax the kids to sleep when the sounds of nearby festivities floats in through their windows! They really need to rest - it's been a tough week for all of us. Colds and fevers meant we didn't get to see friends who we've been longing to visit, several hours of sitting in traffic on clogged highways, and a random pinched nerve in my neck. Yeah, it's been a who-tossed-the-match-into-the-firecracker-shed kind of week. Whew!

To end the day I'm sharing a painting I did a while ago, to remember Who binds the restless wave (that's a great description, don't you think?) and also to Whom we owe our thanks for freedom in this great nation (for those on the sea as well as the rest of us land lubbers!).


I hope you enjoyed the holiday! Here's hoping for calmer waters next week for everyone!


No comments: