Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Do you want to build a snowman?

I know, I know. Most of you are so sick of snow and winter - but our corner of SE Virginia usually doesn't see much snow, and we are super excited to have 8 inches on the ground! Woot!! Of course, everything is closed down, roads are a mess, and some folks are downright grumpy about the white fluff.

But not us! This is perfect snowman snow!!

A couple days ago we had a 6-inch cover of snow, and the boys built this little guy. About a foot and a half tall. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. I dug out all our snow pants, hats, and mittens for this?? The first thaw came and his little head shriveled up and fell off. We'll call this a practice run.

But after last night's snowfall, they got a bit more intrepid. They informed me I wasn't allowed to look into the backyard at all. They were up to something. I guessed what was up when they asked for a carrot and a spare scarf. :) Finally they let me open the kitchen curtains....ta-da!
Meet our new backyard guardian.

An impressive guy, isn't he? I love his self-satisfied expression. As if it just feels good to exist.
He's almost six feet tall!


Anyone up for some warm hugs?

And yes, those are plastic shopping bags tied around my son's feet. Didn't your grandma put bread bags over your feet when you went out in the snow?? 

Big, fat flakes are falling again - looks like we'll be snuggling under quilts and sipping hot cocoa for a few more days while Spring takes a vacation. Stay warm! 

No comments: