Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

To warm the eyes and body

A finished quilt to brighten up the last days of winter...


I love the colors, don't you?

my enthusiastic quilt holder :)

So....my first attempt at free-motion quilting - meh. Not 100% happy with it, but I'm still learning. The backing puckered up a little in a few places, but I'm calling that a design feature (ha ha). Since this was a practice piece made with a kit from JoAnns bought on sale for 50% off (some of the fabric had flaws in it), I decided to let the mistakes remain and press on. Machine quilting isn't really jiving with me - I prefer hand quilting. I think it's the process I love, even though it takes forever to do. The machine quilting left me with sore shoulders and grumpiness. That's not how I want my hobbies to be! So the next project will be hand-stitched. Can't wait!


No comments: