Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Tufon Quilt

The "Tufon" quilt is finally finished! Our guest bed is a futon, which the little guy in our house calls the tufon. So thus the name. I machine quilted this, and there are still a few kinks that I need to work out with that process. I struggled with the stitch tension, never really getting it to a satisfactory point. It's not perfect, but passable. I really enjoyed hand-stitching the binding down; perhaps I'm more of a hand-quilting girl after all!

There are two "Arcadia" by Moda honey buns in there, as well as some khaki Kona Cotton. The back is a length of unknown orange cotton that served us as a curtain in our first apartment. I was surprised to find 12 yards of pumpkin orange cloth in the bottom of my cedar chest! Let's just say there's plenty for coordinating pillows, hee hee.

Left over strips of fabric make a strip up the back as well as the binding. Finished size is about 60" x 80". I'm very happy with it, even with all it's imperfections. To me, that is the charming part about handmade quilts. We have many houseguests each year, and I hope they enjoy this quilt too!

No comments: