Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Quilt Show 2011

The Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show was this past week, and due to family illnesses, I was only able to go for a few hours. But I'm very thankful for those few hours!! Thinking I'd get a chance to come back and see the juried quilt displays, I spent my time shopping. So I missed out on all the great quilts, but I did scoop up some fabric for the stash!

Fat quarters!


Fat quarters - blue ones uknown, green/orange from Farmers Market line by Sandi Hendersen

1/2 yard bundle


Six piece 1/2 yard bundle - no clue what these fabrics are - help??

AMH study hall skirt


Study Hall Skirt by Anna Maria Horner. I've had the idea to do an inverted box pleat skirt for awhile, but needed just the right pattern. Did I ever tell you how much I love box pleats? So crisp and sharp. Maybe my cheerleading skirt days influenced me too much. Now to carve out sewing time.

vintage tea towel



vintage handkerchiefs

One of the best parts about the quilt show is that there are plenty of booths featuring your not-so-typical fabric and fiber wares. One booth sells vintage quilts. There were several yarn booths. And my favorite - the vintage booth! I wish I remembered the name of the shop. They featured thousands of vintage buttons, trims, hefty stacks of vintage table cloths, tea towels and handkerchiefs. Just standing in the midst of it all and absorbing those great colors is a treat! I brought home this tea towel and hankies. There are a few ideas cooking up in my head as to what I'll do with them. But for now, I'm just enjoying their loveliness.

1 comment:

Twinfibers said...

Hi Sara-
Love the fabrics you bought! I recognize the fabrics you found- the blue ones from your first picture are Whimsy by Pillow and Maxfield and the pink set that you have is Mezzanine by Patty Young. Love them all! Hope all is well with your family! - Jennifer