Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Love

Two friends expecting babies - both girls and both within a week of each other! My last three kids were boys, so some girly crafting was long overdue! Now that the babies have arrived (welcome Eva and Faith!), I can share with you what I made for them. This has been very hard to keep secret - I absolutely LOVE these sweaters and dresses!

For Eva, a Southern gal, a short sleeve cotton sweater and sundress:



The sweater pattern is Autumn Leaves Baby Cardigan by Nikki Van De Car. The dress fabric is from the "Love" line by Amy Butler. Those bits peeking out of the neck are cute little knotted ties on the shoulders of the dress. Sweetness.

And for Faith, a Northern sweetheart, similar sundress but with something warmer on top:

Fabric is also from the "Love" line by Amy Butler. This sweater is called Baby Roots Cardigan (Ravelry link). Below you can see the dresses on their own - I gave up on trying to put piping on the gathered waist seam on the purple dress. That nearly killed me the first time 'round. (This dress pattern is a free pdf, but I've misplaced the link right now. I'll post it after I do some digging).

2 comments:

Sara Cecil said...

very cute! the pattern is from "made by Rae". it's the itty bitty baby dress! now you dont have to search.

the Domina said...

Thanks! I knew someone out there would find it before I would. :)