Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Christmas in August

Oh, there's been a lot of sewing around here lately! Mostly gifts, which I'm just itching to share with you, but can't quite yet. I did manage to whip out a tiered skirt for my daughter before our impending trip, but it was so quickly packed up into the luggage I didn't get to snap a pic for you!

And should you think Christmas is too far away to think about yet - not so!! I wrapped 2 Christmas gifts today! Plus I got some long-awaited Christmas fabric in the mail this afternoon.
It will be the backing fabric to match this hexagon quilt I started waaay back in March. It's "Glace" by Three Sisters/Moda. I'm still deciding how to finish off the top of this quilt....it's quite small, about 36" x 30". I have just a few strips of the Glace left, along with a bunch of a sand colored Kona which is most of the quilt top already. Perhaps this will become a Christmas wall hanging! I'm envisioning hand-quilted snowflakes between the hex's, done in a deep red to really stand out against the background color.

Hopefully I'll have a finished quilt top to show you soon! Until then, I'm signing off for some much needed R&R for a couple weeks.

No comments: