Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sock Challenge 2010


What's wooly, colored like the rainbow, and walks around on two feet? Performing circus sheep? Not quite...
It's pair #4 out of 10 for the 20 socks/10 pairs in 2010. I challenged myself to make a type of sock I've never done before: knee socks! I had a skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock laying around, and since it's a bit of a heavier weight, I thought it'd be great for this. I added in some Brown Sheep Nature Spun from my stash left over from this little sweater, which is a decreasing stripe as you go up the leg. I ran out of yarn, so the cuffs are a blue-face leicester wool hand-dyed yarn I purchased on etsy a while back. These socks are 28" from toe to cuff, so I had to really dig around to find yarn to s-t-r-e-t-c-h this project!

These are very warm, thick socks. It was almost unbearable to try them on in our near-100 degree heat. They will be much appreciated this winter though!
And as if these weren't enough to make me happy, I just found out I'm a prize winner in the knitaversary drawing over at Grumperina's blog! How exciting!

1 comment:

Twinfibers said...

Congrats on the win! The socks will be so nice in the winter!